Saturday 4 January 2014

My Guide To Using Essential Oils : The lazy version

I'm Dianne and I discovered the power of essential oils on skin while I was pregnant. Like a lot of mums, I was applying Rosehip furiously on my tummy (and other enlarged body parts) to prevent stretch marks. It worked! Then I thought, what else can essential oils do for my skin. I researched more and discovered that with the right know-how you really didn't need to use any big-brand name skin care to achieve excellent skin. Honestly, its not hard. True, there are many many many essential oils. But you don't need to know about them all. Just a handful is really all you'll need to tackle the more common skin care challenges. I've chosen ROSEHIP, TEA TREE, EUCALYPTUS and ARGAN. These 4 are really the basics in skin care in my opinion. 
You can visit my website at www.thelittleessentials.com if you want to discover more about the science on why these oils work and how you can use them.
But in the meantime, I wanted to share with you how I personally use essential oils in my day. Hopefully it will give you some ideas on how to use it in yours.


Diffuser
In my car : I reuse Glade car fresheners (the kind that comes in a bottle and clips onto your air-con vent. I wash out the wick and bottle and add lemongrass. Its a fresh and uplifting scent. 0.5 pumps of lemongrass into a diffuser. It makes my bathroom smell like a spa.

Skin 
Day : Eucalyptus spray under my arms. It kills odour causing bacteria which deodorants do not do. However, I use an antiperspirant after it dries to reduce sweat as essential oils do not help with this.
Night : Replace moisturiser with Rosehip or Argan
Day: Use a lemongrass spray on my legs. I'm prone to insect bites. Eucalyptus works too but doesn't smell as great.
Hair 
Agan on my tips to prevents fly-away hairs and repair split ends.
I use a tea tree hair spray to give my hair a nice scent. 
In the Pool : I rub Rosehip onto my hair to seal the shaft. It prevents chlorine from entering into it and drying it out. Rosehip is a dry oil so it won't dissipate into the pool

Face 
Day - Tea tree spray as a face toner. I suffer from acne and tea tree is toxic to bacteria found in acne. 
Night - I use 1 pump of Argan under my eyes, my face and neck. I do not own night cream. Although I'm prone to acne. Argan oil has actually reduced my acne.   

No comments:

Post a Comment